- Zsóry Hotel
- Wellness Hotel
- From a Hotel pictures
- Distress, Order
- Calculation package
- Adatvédelmi szabályzat
A Bükk hegység lábánál fekvő település Matyóföld fővárosa. A matyó hímzés és viselet ma is a magyarság megtestesítője, hungarikum.
The building of the former Korona Hotel is a determining sight of the square, and the new Matyó Museum was opened in this building in 2005. This museum is intruduced the weekdays of the Matyó 's life. Handicapped people also can visit the Matyó Museum. In the souvenir shop we can buy unique, handicraft products, folk art souvenirs.
Opposite the Matyó Museum there is the so called Heroes ' Square with a primary school that stands at the place of formerly destroyed synagouge. On the wall of the school the paintings introduce the everyday life of people living many years ago. In front of the school the 'summás' statue was placed for the memory of the season-working local people. In the centre of the Heroes ' Square a marble monument with the church maquette on its top can be found. It commemorates to the church and also shoted and killed engaged couple and many other people who had been walking by.
Hadas District remarkable thatched-roofed houses. Folkartists work in these 100-150- years-old houses. Having crossed the Hadas gate you pass the house of the furniture painter Szabolcs Kovács. Next to his house you can find the embroidery house and the gingerbread workshop. The House of Folkarts is the headquarter of Matyó Folkdance Group and their trainings and summercamps take place here as well.Toyhouse waits for the tourists who are interested in matting.
Gari Takács Margit Memorial House and Music House- the house of the great storyteller- is waiting for the visitors as well where several old folk instruments are exhibited. There is a short little street next to the neighbour of the music house. The glass-grinding workshop is opposite the well. Behind the well there is an Enamed House, opposite it the Weaver ' s House can be found. On the way to Tibor Fehér and his pottery workshop you can see a comfortable guesthouse that fits to the environment. In the pottery workshop the masterpieces and other pottery product can be bought.
Szent László Church
A gothic church was built in the 13 th century in the 13th century in Mezőkövesd but its main nave-except the presbytery- was demolished in 1786. Nowadays this presbytery is called Mary Chapel ( it is not allowed to visit it).
The new church vas built in baroque style but its tower was damaged in 1956. The murals were painted by a locsal artist, István Takács. The murals immortalize the daily wear of all age-groups of the matyó’s.
Museum of Agricultural Machinery
The museum was opened in 1979. János Hajdu Ráfis, the private owner of the collection started to gather the machines most of which are more than 100 years old and still able to work. It is suggested to visit the other sights of the town by car.
Zsóry Thermal Bath and Spa
Zsóry Thermal Bath and Spa is a popular sight of Mezőkövesd. The holiday-area is about 3 kms far from the town. Its healing water was found in 1939 on the property of Lajos Zsóry who looked for oil but found hot thermal water with high sulfur content. Nowadays the spa is a place for recreation and recovery. Its covered swimming-pool and indoor thermal pools are open in every month of the year but the openair pools work from May to September only.
It was certified as medicinal water in 1968 by Dr. János Kunszt. This water is suitable for the treatment of rheumatic diseases, articular inflammations and wearing, certain gynaecological illnesses, as well as a possible orthopaedic post-operative treatment. It improves metabolism and increases bodily resistance.